Skip to content
- Expansion of Açucareira de Xinavane Sugar mill (AdX) based on technology and process design by Tongaat Hulett Technology and Engineering Group.
- The expansion consists of the construction of a back end refinery having a capacity of 90,000T per annum.
- A fast track project which amounts to an investment of 450T of Structural Steel, 5.7km of piping, approximately 142 vessels and mechanical equipment over a duration of 8 months.
- A joint venture between Emineo Ltd and SiVEST from South Africa has acted as EPCM and main mechanical contractors, which proved to be successful for the client.
- Emineo and SiVEST shared the following responsibilities:
- An audit of the Client’s process design of the new plant by Emineo
- Detailed design and engineering was finalised by SiVEST together with the Client.
- Construction management by a joint team; SiVEST from administration and Emineofor site management
- On the 11th of September 2018, Açucareira de Xinavane refinery produced first white sugar; an applaudable achievement acknowledged by the Client, considering the challenges faced.
- In order to meet the demands of a fast track project more efficiently, Emineo and SiVEST were also contracted with a statement of work as follows:
- Materials rigging (Loading/Offloading)
- Piping erection
- Equipment installation
- Modifications relative to design changes arising during installation phase
- Assistance to commissioning
- A dedicated team (Independent of EPCM team), comprising largely of Emineo personel was appointed for the construction works.
- The team was strengthened by skilled and unskilled labour from India and Mozambique in order to meet with the high work load during the peak period of the project.
Construction management and HSE records
- While the number of field workers and staff peaked to 154 over the project duration only 16 minor injuries and near misses were reported over 8 months of construction.
- With a MIFR of 12.86, DIFR of 0 and FIFR of 0 over 140,000 man hours on site, Emineo’s staff honoured the company’s policy of safe working at all times despite high work pressure.
- Emineo’s staff proved once again their ability of successfully managing large man power irrespective of their country of origin.
Copyright © 2016 Emineo. All Rights Reserved.
Emineo Ltd - Highlands, Phoenix, Mauritius - Tel: +230 6988200