Skip to content
- Second phase of a four phase expansion project of Mhlume Factory to increase crushing rate from 390tch to 440tch to reduce steam consumption and increase raw sugar processing capacity.
- Replacement of clear juice tanks, pumps and three clarified juice heaters to improve evaporator operations.
- Installation of vacuum pans, centrifugal and massecuite reheater with process piping modifications to reassign existing equipment to new duties.
- Emineo acting as EPCM for the project, managing sub-contractors from Eswatini, South Africa, India, and Mauritius
- Country: Eswatini
- Contract period: 2018-2019
- Integration of the following main equipment in the plant:
- One 120m³ capacity « C » continuous vacuum pan, complete with a new condenser and supported by a new structure.
- One 75m² capacity “A” batch vacuum pan with a new condenser and a reinforced structure.
- Three clear juice heaters of 550m², with a new structure
- One 225m³ new clear juice tank.
- Supply tanks of 10m³ for A and B molasses
- One new sugar screen and batch scale and upgrade of all raw sugar conveyors.
- Specification of all process, mechanical, electrical and instruments
- 3D Modelling of zones affected by the project using 3D AutoCAD to build a Navisworks model used by all contractors on site
- General layout drawings, piping isometric drawings, structural guide drawings, civil guide drawings, electrical & instrumentation layout drawings
- Call for Tenders for a total of 26 packages, including equipment supply and site works packages, have been prepared and issued
- Adjudication of offers received from suppliers/contractors from South Africa, India, and Mauritius
- Tender awarding and contract drafting
Construction Management & Commissioning
- 100 tons of structural steel erected
- 5km of piping, up to DN1400, installed
- Over 300 valves, up to DN1200, including 140 with pneumatic actuators, installed
- Management of sub-contractors (civil, mechanical, electrical, scaffolding, etc.), including quality as well as health and safety on site
- Quality control management
- Control loop and interlocks set-up and tuning during commissioning
- Weekly progress reports and planning updates issued to client up to completion of project.
Copyright © 2016 Emineo. All Rights Reserved.
Emineo Ltd - Highlands, Phoenix, Mauritius - Tel: +230 6988200